Indiana Jones

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by K. Allard from dial34.insolwwb.net on May 07, 2000 at 14:57:16:

Ok we all know that the Indy character came from different things.... mostly the old adventure seriels from the 1930's. First the whip came from an old Zorro film. Second the dea came from that film thats been discussed here alot (what was it). Third as I recently heard fromm micah (read my post about Doc Savage) that he too was another thing that molded the character. I was wondering how this came from so after finding a site with a bunch of stories about the man of bronze I came to find that he was an arcaeolgist adventurer and american war "hero". I think that was just a little interestting. Also one more thing... a few months ago me and BrianK were chatting and were talking about the "fortune and glory" to "it belongs in a museum". Well our idea was that as we saw in the beginning of LC Indy does have the "It belongs in a museum" but we realize rather than taking on from a good man like his father he takes after a bit of a graverobber "Fedora" "you lost today kid but ya dont have ta like it", so sometime in his life he is the rutheless grave robber we saw in TOD and we see he isnt the greatest person "fortune and glory kid... fortune and glory" then after he goes through TOD and begins to become a better man and turns to "aw it'll just be another rock collecting dust" in Rotla we see he's still a grave robber but at least he isnt going after Fortune and Glory as much "And the ark goes to the museum after theyre finished" and then in LC he finally begins to take a turn "It belongs in a museum" and he reunites with his father. There is my idea about indy's personality and personally I like the way he changed from "fortune and glory" to "it belongs in a museum" it shows he's only human. So please go ahead and post your thoughts on the matter......

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]