My thoughts...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from 216-119-42-188.o1.jps.net on May 07, 2000 at 17:57:44:

In Reply to: When/where did Indy get his whip? posted by graml on May 07, 2000 at 17:08:07:

Whatever happened to that "practice" whip young Indy was wielding in Last Crusade? I always figured he kept that one forever (although it looks a little short), just like he did with his hat and (possibly) jacket. But it also seems to me that Indy loses his whip a lot, too, in the books and even in some scenes of the trilogy. Sometimes it just seems like he leaves it somewhere or something. Then again, I didn't read between the lines, so maybe Indy DID keep the same whip all along. As always, I'm really not too sure.
P.S. I wonder where Indy could have bought whips easily in his day? I mean, if he did go through whip after whip, he had to have some place where he could buy them regularly, right?
P.P.S. Another thing that bothers me is the lack of both whip AND leather jacket in the YIJC. In fact, even the bag and boots aren't even there. Even though he sometimes swings a whip in the Chronicles, he really doesn't carry it around with him all the time, as in the novels and movies. Maybe he actually kept the whip from the circus train the whole time, and then when he "matured," he decided he'd keep it with him for all times to come.
P.P.P.S. Wait a second...didn't Indy actually always use his whip in the Young Adult/Children books series? I seem to remember it always saying that he practiced on his whip and was developing big arm muscles or something...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]