Re: Should next Indiana Jones game for the PC (if there'll be another one) run on the Infernal Machine 3D engine or the Grim Fandango 3D engine? (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shaggy from cx643543-a.msnv1.occa.home.com on May 07, 2000 at 23:52:57:

In Reply to: Should next Indiana Jones game for the PC (if there'll be another one) run on the Infernal Machine 3D engine or the Grim Fandango 3D engine? (nm) posted by Goodsport on May 07, 2000 at 22:54:29:

Well, it depends on what kind of game they're going to make. The Grim Fandango engine is great for, say, neo-adventure/point and click stuff like Monkey Island MMMMCCXVIII, but the Infernal Machine engine is wonderful for the more Action type games. A hardcore adventure game would probably not be the best choice of the type of game that I'd want for FoA III, but the Infernal Machine engine wasn't all that impressive, either. I'd say an incorporation of the 2, with the Action elements of IM and the adventure bits of GF, would be nice, but it's also impossible since LucasArts seems more determined to make their games look OK (ie, not great), ship it, and cross their fingers that it will make money. When it comes down to it, I like the Infernal Machine engine a lot better than the Fandango engine, simply because of the lack of traces of vintage C++ programming, though a call for Fandango-esque character models is definately in order. Did you see Indy? It looks like one of those boulders finally caught up with him, not to mention the lack of emotion on his face and the segmented limbs... At least the environments looked good in that game.

-Shaggy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]