DEFINITELY the Grim Fandango one (at the very least). Preferably a luxuriously painted 2d'er a la CMI or Broken Sword. (NM)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Moribundman from anchovy.ulcc.wwwcache.ja.net on May 08, 2000 at 05:36:55:

In Reply to: My vote goes to... posted by bud-arc on May 08, 2000 at 00:45:35:

: ...the old, traditional, 2D, point and click graphic adventures! Forget "technology," and go back to something that works! Sure, some people might argue that that's going "back" in graphics instead of ahead, but you cannot doubt the brains at Lucasarts behind those cool "oldies" (Monkey Island, Maniac Mansion, Fate of Atlantis, Sam and Max, the works) that have withstood the test of time! So what do you say we all write to Lucasarts and tell them to bring back graphic adventures! Whoo-hoo! Viva the early 90's!
: P.S. For those of you who may be confused, this time I AM being serious. Yeah, it's a tough thing to swallow at times, but I really do like the old way of gaming...
: P.P.S. ...although I wouldn't go so far as demanding that they bring back interactive fiction and text adventures...
: P.P.P.S. ...not that there's anything wrong with them; they were challenging games!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]