New Scripts

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by walker from 38.152.176.170 on July 15, 1998 at 13:48:11:

Last week I found a company on the internet that provides scripts, kind of like Drew's Script-O-Rama. These folks are a little different however, in that they also specialize in unproduced feature film scripts. I don't know where they get them, but I am due to receive four scripts for Indy 4 that presumably didn't pass the Lucas/Spielberg/Ford test.

One is by Chris Columbus (he originally wrote an alternate for Indy 3, according to the book George Lucas:
the First 25 Years - I'm not sure if this is it or not). The second is listed as having been written by Jeffrey Boam. It is, however, the Sons of Darkness script which was later attributed to another writer. The folks at the service seem to think this is not true and that Lucas used the alternate writer name as a cover - which is stupid and overly complicated given that Boam's name was on it to begin with. I don't figure this to be a real Boam script.

The third script presumes to be the alleged "Area 51" script that we've heard rumors about. The script is attributed to Jeb Stuart, which is indeed, one of the writers Lucas hired early on in the Indy 4 process after seeing his work on The Fugitive. It's called, believe it or not, Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men From Mars.

The final script is one they just received recently. No author is noted, but the story is about King Arthur and the sword Excalibur.

The service does not disclose its source for any of these scripts, but they admit that they have no idea why so many are being churned out. Their assumption is that Lucas is struggling for a story that works, and these are the ones that were rejected. I don't know about that, but if they are of a professional level of quality and any good (Sons of Darkness had problems) I'll let everybody know. The service can be reached at www.scriptshack.com. They said they would update me if they received any more Indy treatments.

walker

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]