Re: I'm sure he would've gotten it back from Katanga...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from sdn-ar-003vannewP296.dialsprint.net on May 08, 2000 at 20:20:48:

In Reply to: I'm sure he would've gotten it back from Katanga... posted by bud-arc on May 08, 2000 at 18:01:38:

: They always thought of the Indy movies as being a trilogy (how did they know it was going to be successful enough, anyway?), but I doubt they kept in mind the importance of the hat. Maybe after the success of Raiders, they saw how many people dug the hat, and so decided to keep it forever, thus making it clear in Last Crusade that it was the same hat given to him by some treasure hunter, and he kept it forever.
: P.S. Anyway, I believe that sometime before the epilogue (inbetween the Ark destroying the Nazis and Indy meeting with the bureaucrats), he must've went back to his friend Katanga and had a few drinks with him and thanked him for lying for him. Then he might have casually asked him "So...uh...see any hats around here or somethin'?" and Katanga might have answered, "Oh, that ol' thing, mon? We've been using it to scrub our decks!"

If you thought the fedora looked bad, you shoulda seen what the crew was doing with Indy's leather jacket! Holy cow! No one could've gotten that thing clean! Not even Walter Matthau!
-graml
PS This will be my last Walter Matthau related post. At least until tomorrow...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]