They're easy to find, and free

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jerry King from pc88.krakow.ppp.tpnet.pl on May 09, 2000 at 08:45:48:

In Reply to: I MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET THIS FOR FREE!!!! posted by Moribundman on May 08, 2000 at 22:36:15:

Last year I installed and used the Indy tone for some time on my 6110, then replaced it - I change the add-on tone every few months. :) I have it, though, as well as the Star Wars theme, packed with hundreds of other ones somewhere on some disks. :) Don't pay a cent for cell tones. Thousands are available on the Net for free, on hundreds of sites, both in Nokring and MIDI format - and there are tools to convert the formats between various model standards - 51xx/61xx, 3210 and Communicator. There even are Nokia --> Ericsson converters :). The Indy tone is very good, though definitely too cheerful to use it in public. :))) I've heard two variations, one (the one more popular on tone sites) was better. As for uploading the tones, the best way is via the NCDS cable connected to COM1 or COM2 (original cable available for $300 with NCDS, homemade cable working equally well available for $10-$20 from numerous people who assemble them :), but you can also use some SMS centers to send the tones via modem to your phone, with the right software. The Indy tone will be very easy to find, just go to alltheweb.com or Altavista, type +"nokia ringtones" +"indiana jones", and you should get many working sites. Cheers. :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]