prologue to Indy4:

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0133.cvx21-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on May 09, 2000 at 15:16:02:

In Reply to: Re: Here's what I dug up... posted by Thuggee Bear on May 09, 2000 at 14:28:38:

: : This could actually be the first step towards a younger Indy in Indy 4! Think about it...if all is successful, we could look forward to a second Indy trilogy!

:
: Well, maybe not. For one thing, remember the price tag they're quoting for Gemini Man. I'm not sure an entire film using this technology, (I'm assuming the young clone doesn't appear in every scene), would be very cost-efficient. Especially with the bigger names (and salaries) that would be attached to Indy 4.

: BUT, it's very possible that this could be used for something like the prologue to Indy 4, showing us a younger version of Ford in action! The obvious idea that comes to mind would be a flashback...but why not just have a separate mini-adventure as in Raiders or Temple? How cool would that be?!

: Considering Lucas' love of new technology (not counting DVD), who knows what impact Gemini Man could have on Indy 4?

I like those seperate, usually loosely or not at all connected mini stories and opening sequences in movies. They introduce at least the main character, set the mood and show us some action. I just love the opening of "Raiders"; and ToD has this becoming James Bond quality in the opening sequence [Indy dressed like Bond, slurping drinks like him , a well done shootout with a villain and his goons, a chase...]. It would be good to see one of those once more. As for Indy with "digital surgery", I don't know. But I do know that I don't want to see a digital face slapped on Ford all the time. In my opinion that technology should be used sparingly and well, just like a good special effect, or on that Jar Jar creature. Fall Guy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]