Practicality and authenticity...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from adsl-63-198-64-194.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on May 09, 2000 at 18:59:23:

In Reply to: Re: Wested Collar posted by Sorry on May 09, 2000 at 18:37:19:

: : : What's the deal about the inside of the Wested Jacket's collar being leather? I keep seeing references to it, but I can't figure out what the problem with the default collar is. could someone fill me in?

: : From what we're hearing, the standard cloth lining tends to wear through after a lot of wear, while the leather does not, so the suggested practice is to request the leather facing instead of the standard cloth. Regards. Michaelson

: Thanks!! I think Ill do that =)
: P.S. Apologies to the Realy indyfan, didn't realize the name was taken(duh... probably should have)

The leather facing is both practical in that it greatly extends the life of the collar lining and is more accurate to what I've been able to make out on screen. It does appear to me that the collar lining in the production jackets was leather. From a practical standpoint, I build up a fairly healthy 5 o'clock shadow, which REALLY wears down the collar lining if it is cloth.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: