Virtual Reality Brody (my wish)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from sdn-ar-004vannewP027.dialsprint.net on May 10, 2000 at 07:35:18:

In Reply to: Virtual Reality Indy (my wish) posted by bud-arc on May 09, 2000 at 23:38:05:

Yeah, it seems VR technology has gone the way of the flying car, the underwater city and world peace. I'd like to see VR Marcus Brody. Imagine: sitting around an office at a messy desk, surrounded by leather-bound books and historical artifacts... maybe a bottle of whiskey in the desk drawer... Wait a minute, this is sounding too familiar... Maybe Virtual Indy WOULD be a better idea!
-graml

: What ever happened to the idea of virtual reality? What happened to our rapidly moving technology of bigger and better things? I thought by the time we got into the year 2000 we'd be seeing all these technological advancements including flying cars and other "futuristic" elements to improve our everyday "modern" lives. There seemed to be a point where this idea was taken into consideration in movies that exploited ideas about the possibility of entering a virtual world with your mind where you can experience anything and everything! I often fantasized about there being some kind of Indy virtual reality simulation. You would put on the helmet-like thing (covering your whole head) and be thrust into a beautiful world of amazing possibilities, like in an Indy movie! In this world, you could swing on vines, get chased by boulders, fight Nazis, shoot swordsmen, and STILL be home in time for dinner! And if you got shot or killed or something, you'd reemerge from the virtual world unscathed! It would be almost like a dream...except you control everything that goes on. God, I'm drooling just THINKING about the possiblities. *sigh*...wouldn't it be nice?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]