Re: Indiana Jones as a teacher

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Moribundman from mozzarella.ulcc.wwwcache.ja.net on May 10, 2000 at 07:55:22:

In Reply to: Indiana Jones as a teacher posted by bud-arc on May 09, 2000 at 22:56:31:

: I'd have to say that Indy would be an ideal professor. Especially if he's gone on business trips a lot; then we would probably have less work to complete. Also, I think it would be awesome if he were one of those summer-time field instructors where you actually go out and apply archaeology in the real world. He'd be taking you all over the freakin' world!

I'm with baud-arc on this one. We had this guy at U of I who had been an old school journalist (kind of in the same way Indy was an "old school" archaeologist!) who'd actually been reporting the stories he was teaching us about (post-war presidential relations with the media) and he was a stimulating lecturer as well as a helluvva good guy. He hardly ever stuck around for his office hours, and he condensed the course into 3 hour lectures in half the time so he could get back to his research, but it was my favourite course in the US.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]