Good enough for the government:

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0393.cvx7-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on May 10, 2000 at 15:32:24:

In Reply to: Re: Dr. Jones' class: RAIDERS locations posted by Moribundman on May 10, 2000 at 13:35:21:

: Wow! Makes sense tho.

: Still, if they Lucas/Spielburg were doing it today they'd probably fly everyone everywhere! I suppose it makes sense, coz that fairly American city in the Matrix was actually Sydney or wherever (only tell-tale sign being the road crossing signs). These films manage to hide the fact they're filmed outside the US a darn sight better than that Farscape TV show where practically the only American cast-member is the main guy(!)

I'm not so sure that Lucas and Spielberg would fly around the globe for an establishing shot or even a short scene [I bet Lucas is developing "remote directing technology"]. They might just send a small extra crew. Also, the Indy trilogy is an hommage to serials, which were done really inexpensively and often cheaply. The use of a substitute location that is just good enough - meaning it's not a distraction - is a quite charming characteristic. Fall Guy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]