Re: No camels!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy's Girl from spider-tp032.proxy.aol.com on May 10, 2000 at 16:29:07:

In Reply to: No camels! posted by Anejo Joe on May 10, 2000 at 16:18:08:

: My company had an off-site motivational and OSHA training session yesterday. The afternoon was devoted to some recreational activity, so I elected to ride a horse for three hours. Naturally, I wore my fedora, my J. Peterman substitute Indy shirt (I bought last week), my Wells-Lamont gloves, etc. My wife suggested that since it was a company activity I should leave the Webley and gunbelt at home. Much of the time we were in heavily wooded areas. The fedora was perfect for that. The brim is wide enough to protect your face, but not so wide that it hits all the branches. And it was not hot to wear. The temperature was around 90 degrees, but the high crown kept my head cool. The Peterman shirt is a good less-expensive substitute for the Noel Howard shirt, except that it has button-down collars, no epaulets, and no seams up the front. I would never wear a Noel Howard shirt where it could be torn by a limb. It's too expensive for that. I made the mistake of sending the shirt to the cleaners, though. They starched it like a dress shirt. Not very comfortable in 90 degree weather. It looked nice, though. It seems the Indy gear is not at all uncomfortable to wear in hot weather, although the leather jacket would probably been a little too much.

That's interesting. I always wondered how Indy could wear those clothes in the desert and not get hot. :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]