Re: I've discovered...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from sdn-ar-002vannewP288.dialsprint.net on May 11, 2000 at 07:37:02:

In Reply to: I've discovered... posted by bud-arc on May 10, 2000 at 21:43:08:

: ...that this Lycos search thing for the forum really isn't all that accurate. It seems to only look in a specific time frame of posts, and even then, it doesn't get them all down. I know this is only a last-resort thing (I'm sure Micah is looking for a better one), but it just ain't...good. That's my story, and, by golly, I'm stickin' with it!

Hey! This post had nothing to do with whip-holders! Luckily, I can correct that! A friend of mine once tried to fashion a whip-holder from a bent and cut coat-hanger. After I stopped laughing, got up off the floor and wiped the tears from my eyes, I had to admit it did the job. It sort of hung off his belt, and the whip hung off the "hook" made by the coat-hanger. (He'd been a wiz in metal shop, believe me!) Unfortunately, the story has a tragic ending: the whip ended up being too heavy in the long run, the coat-hanger bent, ripped his favorite pair of Indy-esque pants and gave him a nasty scar on his upper thigh. Not that I ever had occassion to look at his upper thigh.... he told me about the scar.
-graml
PS Wow. This post is on-topic, and a cautionary tale about man's hubristic attempt to control nature. Or at least coat-hangers. Bonus!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]