Re: Bullwhip carrier with excellent snap!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 28 yr.old Indy from LAURA060-0959.splitrock.net on May 11, 2000 at 17:13:55:

In Reply to: Re: Bullwhip carrier with excellent snap! posted by Tim Elliott on May 11, 2000 at 01:31:34:

: :Hey..,that was me that was having the trouble with the Noel Howard bullwhip carrier. The single snap, which holds the whip in place, kept popping open whenever I ran or sat down (or fell down). I dont know how Indy kept it all together in all those fighting scenes! Anyway, I purchased a whip carrier from Mark Allen, which has a closure that you turn horizontally to lock the whip securely in place.:

: Get thee to a tack shop or other place that works with leather. I had a local shop make a whip holder that is perfect for about $10. It stays put regardless of fight scenes and acrobatics, but it flips open instantly when I pull the whip up - no fumbling to undo closures. The secret is the little snap itself. I can't remember at the moment what it was called, so I'll check tomorrow, but it's something like a one-way snap. It only opens if you pull it a certain way, say, up at an angle rather than down.

: I'll post an update tomorrow.

: Cheers,

: Tim

: Thanks for the suggestion Tim! I'll look for your update. : 28yr.old Indy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL: