Remastered videos (PAL) and widescreen questions

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Swordmaster from cache-1.fw.datanet.tele.fi on May 12, 2000 at 06:05:35:

Hello,

I've been out of "Indy world" for quite a while now, and only recently became aware of the remastered Indy films on video. I was wondering if anyone could explain me just how much better the picture and sound quality is on the new release? Also, how long are the interviews on the videos? Are they different on every cassette? Anything on John Williams (I'm a huge fan of his music)? Any other extras besides the interviews? Does the Passport map thingie come with all European giftsets, or is it country-specific?

Also, and forgive my obvious technical stupidity, what happens if one watches widescreen videos on normal TV? Will it leave black stripes on the screen, squeeze the picture to fit the frame or simply not show at all? I currently only have a normal TV but was wondering if I should buy the widescreen video set anyhow -- I wouldn't mind the letterboxed version with black stripes.

Thanks for your help in advance!

~Swordmaster~

PS. Is the "Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark" video available in PAL format? If not, is there a way to transfer it from NTSC to PAL (is that even technically possible?)?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]