Spike trap thoughts

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gregg from unknown-46-4.chiron.com on May 12, 2000 at 21:21:41:

In Reply to: Spike trap in the "Chamber of Light"... posted by Fall Guy on May 08, 2000 at 14:36:27:

The only immediate explanation I could come up with to justify that trap was that the light was NOT related. My thoughts:
It makes sense that no one would know about that kind of trigger---Indy being trap-savvy cautiously ducked under and THEN leaned into the light "trigger." The light could be incidental, and that the trap is really triggered by the shifting of weight across the flooring. This would be consistent with the weight-bearing traps ahead. Indy didn't trigger it while crossing it crouched because of his even and gradual weight shift. You can hypothesize the details, but it's the only way I can accept that scene. As usual, Indy does the best he can and has a WHOLE LOTTA luck. He's not going to have the answers all the time.
Neither can we. What do you think? When I have more time, I need to rant about Crusade to this crowd. I'm new here, but I want to hear everyone's thoughts. The post will be labelled something like "Last Crusade was a creative cop-out; the disappointments build"
Gregg

: Does anyone have a clue how a sensor triggered trap of this kind could
: have been fashioned by an ancient culture? Pressure triggers:
: absolutely! But there were no optical sensors then and wouldn't the
: trap have deployed as soon as it got dark [clouds, nightfall, etc.]?
: Yet it looks as if the trap goes off only for human victims. Or is
: this another mystical element? Fal

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: