HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woah okay I dont know if anyone else knew this but I just used K. Allard beacuse it's quicker than Kent Allard.........

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by K. Allard from dial163.insolwwb.net on May 15, 2000 at 17:32:29:

In Reply to: Fedora/jacket wearers & Fall Guy posted by Gregg on May 15, 2000 at 16:53:30:

What stuff have I been helpful with, usually I keep to myself about my gear... but I ordered a Custom Hatter hat so I really cant help much in the HJ hat field CH hat I can or if you would like to know my observations on the hat email me :). I can also help with any other gear questions also considering I have all the official stuff now. Except the whip which should be in in about 2 weeks.... how'd you make K. Allard (me) to be female???? Oh Well maybe I should start posting as Kent

: Hi,
: I've been wearing a fedora for 18 yrs (the same early Stetson model for the past 15 or so). Those who know me associate me with the hat, but occasionally friends and strangers alike will jokingly call me "Indy." While I am aware that this is not a unique experience within this forum, I was curious to hear the type and frequency of the "heat" that the rest of you get; particularly from those wearing the authentic Wested and Herbert Johnson ensemble.
: HELL IF I'M GOING TO STOP wearing my fedora. Looks damn good, it's a part of history, and plenty of adventurers were wearing them before the Indiana Jones character. Check out old photos of explorers, hunters, etc. If his character was an amalgam created from history, aren't we a part of that same timeline? Rather than one generation "copying" another, we're actually lengthening the life of that kind of garb. No one bothers to say, "Hey look at him wearing buttons on his shirt like Napoleon!"

: Herbert Johnson orders:
: Ok, I'm going to do it,....soon. How specific do I have to be with those guys (Does Swales work their still or not?)? How specific do I have to be with WHAT? I only know: "Indy"-Poet, Petershamm ribbon, initials in the lining, my size, and Raiders pinch & crease. A post by Tom informed me that his "bow" came differently on two hats. This is tricky biz this authenticity quality-control thing, huh?

: Fall Guy started a cool thread "Chamber of Light" re: the spike trap in Raiders. I'm looking forward to more ideas, comments, etc. I liked his water-dispersion theory. Details---more details, encore! Fall Guy come back! K.Allard's said some insightful things in the past I'd like to hear her input as well. Anybody? ECccchoooooo!
: Gregg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]