Editing/"restoring" et cetera

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gregg from unknown-46-4.chiron.com on May 15, 2000 at 20:48:01:

In Reply to: Maybe not a special ed....but I want the full scene of the fight with the swordman in the marketplace...there is a small clip in one of the making of tapes, so I KNOW that they AT LEAST filmed a rehearsal. Maybe TWO tapes with a bunch of special deleted scenes on the second.......like the trip on the submarine, regardless of how doofy it looked (NM) posted by Indiana Jimmie on May 15, 2000 at 01:40:51:

I wouldn't want Lucas to touch Raiders; it is as perfect as it can be. Besides, his "fixing things" more often ruins key components than improves itself. For example, if he added the swordfight you'd lose the character development see by Indy no-nonsense drawing his pistol to eliminate the swordwielder. FURTHER example: Star Wars---he should have left it alone. VERY LITTLE was a improved (sound and color restoration among the few). Despite his intentions "I wanted to go back and do things the way I originally wanted but couldn't due to time or technology..." (approx quote) Lucas in my opinion FORGOT what he had in mind back in the 70's.
Since this is an I.Jones forum I won't let my rant go any further, but WOULD like to see a collection of the edited material from the three movies compiled in a documentary giving the ins and outs of why the cuts were made, etc. Not a likely venture witht the money-making of Prequels II and III for StarWars. That would be interesting. Now for some HEAVY DUTY dreaming: if someone with an intact sense of Jones could be hired I would like them to re-shoot Last Crusade and clean that slop up. By far, the worst of the three and just plain goofy for movies up to now. A clear indication of the "things to come" from Hollywood. It helped pave the road to worse slop like THE MUMMY and Matrix. OK, blood's boiling. Must stop.
Got a little too involved, sorry
G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: