Welll...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on May 16, 2000 at 19:56:20:

In Reply to: Re: and mine posted by Anejo Joe on May 13, 2000 at 07:38:33:

: : I went to the vault today to make a note of the date of my first post, saw your name (great name) and wished you were still posting, and here you are. Well, this Tibetan skull sounds so interesting- In 1988 I decided to leave the San Francisco area and I had to sell, give away, or take all my possesions with me in my little truck. I also had a plastic human skeleton I paid $350 dollars for that I wanted to keep but couldn't take, so I burried it way up in the hills and when I got back here in 92 I found the place and dug up a box of documents I'd burried, but couldn't pin-point the skeleton. So one of these days I'm puttin on the fedora and I'll try and find it again. Can you give us anymore information on the Tibetan scull like how old it's supposed to be, who wants to sell it and for how much? Hey, when I'm dead, I'd rather my scull was on someones nice warm bookshelf watching "Raiders" than taking a dirt nap, but I understand the archaological point of view-I read a book on it as soon as I discovered a fantastic cave in Nevada and wanted to do some excavating on my own, but the book talked me out of it. That cave was great though -way up on the side of a mountain -no trail- the floor was perfectly flat and level and a consistant 8 ft. wide. The entrance was about 20 ft. tall and then the roof slopes down to the back of the cave which is about 60 feet back from the entrance. There was a large, deep circle of ashes at the very back like maybe generations had used it, and there was no modern refuse. I was affraid to get close to the entrance when I found it, fearing a bear or mountain lion was in there, so I went to town and bought a pistol and came back "a cautious fellow"

: You know, you really shouldn't ever consider taking on a bear or mountain lion with a hand gun, even if it is a .44 magnum. If you really thought a bear or mountain lion was in there, and you were absolutely certain that you wanted to go in by yourself, then what you needed was a 12 gauge pump shotgun. And don't forget to leave your will with your lawyer.

Oh, I don't know, maybe a .50 Bowen Redhawk conversion, but then we digress... (grins) Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]