Re: My idea for a Temple of Doom 2...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JuggleEwok from spider-wc012.proxy.aol.com on May 16, 2000 at 20:04:51:

In Reply to: My idea for a Temple of Doom 2... posted by bud-arc on May 16, 2000 at 19:10:15:

: Hey all. Today, I fashioned together a generic movie theater atmosphere for myself as I prepared to watch Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom again. I darkened the place and put the volume up real loud, and I was all alone, which just made the experience even better for me. I also made myself a big tub of popcorn with an ounce or so of butter (oh, my arteries!). Anyway, I've been wondering about a possible sequel to this story. I mean, I think there is the need for speculation in this movie especially because the story is not exactly over. There is still a possibility of everything happening all over again. In Raiders, the bad guys either melted or exploded, while in Last Crusade, the bad guys either got old real fast or fell in crevices, so we KNEW they were dead. But in Temple of Doom, all we see is Mola Ram falling into the water, and suddenly a shot of a bunch of crocs chewing up some cloth material. It doesn't HAVE to be Mola Ram's clothes, now does it? And what's stopping a new clan of Thuggees (they came back once...why wouldn't they come back again?) from retrieving the Sankara stone from the Indian village again? Then they could find the other two from the river that they fell in. And of course, there is still the mystery of the lost two stones hidden somewhere in Pankot Palace. It was never blown up or anything...just "watered" down. The story is not over, I tell you!

: P.S. Okay, so this plan is probably unlikely. But the Indyfan forum has been so dead, slow, boring, and sleep-inducingly, that I HAD to post something. And it's on-topic, ain't it?

Uhm, I'd say the fact that Mola-boy fell like a really long way and whacked his noggin against a lot of rock on the way down would put him down for the count. But as for the Thuggees, they could make it into a franchise, Revenge of the Thuggees. It'll be humerous I tell ya, humerous!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]