Re: Best method for cleaning Wested jacket lining?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on May 16, 2000 at 20:12:47:

In Reply to: Best method for cleaning Wested jacket lining? posted by California Smith on May 16, 2000 at 16:17:01:

: I have been wearing mine a lot, sometimes on my mountain bike, and it has gotten a little, shall we say, stinky? I hate the idea of taking it to the cleaners, since the only thing that needs attention is the lining. Any ideas?

I guess the first thing that comes to mind, short of taking it to a decent cleaner, would to purchase a product like "Fabreeze" and give your lining a good spraying. This would probably work fine for a cotton lined jacket, but I'm not sure about the satin lining. You could try it in an inside sleeve area and see if it affects the fabric in anyway. Except for giving your lining a "sponge bath" with soap and water, you'll have to bite the bullet and start your search for a REAL good leather cleaning service near you. Once you find one, I'd go in and talk to the owner and tell him what your problem is, specifically the lining. They may have other alternatives short of a complete cleaning of the entire jacket. Good luck. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]