Re: A Standard Requirement for Indy Fans?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve McCrary from spider-tf052.proxy.aol.com on July 17, 1998 at 14:03:22:

In Reply to: Re: A Standard Requirement for Indy Fans? posted by Micah on July 17, 1998 at 05:43:14:

: Defining a set of requirements for Indy fans is, I believe, a Bad Idea. In doing so, we run the risk of becoming elitist snobs.

: If you've only seen the opening of Raiders and never picked up an Indy novel, comic, or collectible, I think you can still be an Indy fan. We need scale to measure Indy fandom, rather than a cutoff.

: --Micah

I Agree wholeheartedly. I shall use myself as an example: I grew up with ghosbusters. I was a fan, simply because I liked their little particle accelerators on their backs. I knew nothing of the movies or the comics, but I watched the cartoon show. was I not a fan??

I also watched Star Wars, and for years knew nothing of the books or comics, but now do. does that mean now I am a fan? I don't think so.

I've loved Indiana Jones ever since I saw Raiders. I knew nothing of the books until today, when this site proved me wrong about there not being Indy novels in existence. Does that mean that I am now an "official" fan? didn't think so.

Discriminating against others is something best left to Politicians. LoL, just kidding. Really, there should be no stages of Indy fans. That is cruel and whoever has a twisted enough mind to think that needs to wake up and realize that we can't all know every bit about a subject. ok? ok.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]