Re: Your idea / my idea

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gregg from unknown-46-4.chiron.com on May 16, 2000 at 20:57:48:

In Reply to: My idea for a Temple of Doom 2... posted by bud-arc on May 16, 2000 at 19:10:15:

Mola Ram is out of the picture unless you count evil resurrection or reincarnation (which would make a sequel about as creative or refreshing as The Mummy). Besides, it would take a long time to restore the Thuggees; even if more than a handful escaped the British (*recall the Thuggee history from Indy at the banquet table, and Mola Ram at the whipping post). It would also require the fanatical devotion and funding of their previous set-up: Pankot Palace political/financial powers, Mola Ram's vision and say "knack for evilness", and frontman Chattar Lal (never could remember the spelling of that guys name). If anything you could have a new movie with (insert plot here) with the added feature of the remaining band of Thuggee's chasing Indy down to avenge Mola Ram's demise. Imagine Indy trying to retrieve some relic, avoiding the traps and guardians of said trinket, as well as contending with the Thuggees. Now if that kind of adversity doesn't shout INDIANA JONES then I've confused him with Tom Selleck.
"What ye t'ink?" ---Short Round

Gregg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: