You're so majorly wrong!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from Port28.westworld.ca on May 16, 2000 at 21:01:34:

In Reply to: Actually none of those could beat Indy and heres why posted by K. Allard on May 16, 2000 at 18:28:24:

: : Any Jedi
: : Any Sith
: : Any Dark Jedi
: : Maximus
: : Neo, Morpheus, or Trinity
: : Wyatt Earp and/or Doc Holliday(Possibly)

: : Indy is only human after all. See ya, Shorty.
: : "Well alright lunger! Let's do it!" -Ringo, Tombstone.

: First of all (even Indy) they are all fictional characters, second they never existed together, like the Jedi's were in a galxy and time far far away... the two cowboys existed also much before indy..... and the other two I havent the slightest clue of what it is.... so by the time IF they ever got to meet indy in a battle theyd all be WWWAAAYYY too old and indy could thump them and theyd fall dead.

First off, all these circumstances where we ask "Who'd win in a fight.." it doesn't matter if their fictional, real, from another universe, historical figures, etc. When we ask these questions, we imagine putting the two movie characters against each other in an arena both in their prime and see how they'd fare. Second off, the only reason you are choosing Indy is because you're being biased and not really thinking of what weapons they have at stake, etc. You're just choosing him because he's your favorite character.

Ok, we got all those Jedi's and Sith's. Of course, they'd beat Indy. They have force powers and lightsabers. Indy is just a regular human. He'd be toast within seconds. They could pick them up and throw him or choke his throat using the force. Also let's not forget they have lightsabers, and a whip would be useless against the lightsabre since it can cut through anything. Also, Indy's gun wouldn't work since a lightsabre can deflect all those bullets. So, Indy would be toast.

Next comes Maximus. Since you have no idea who he is, he is the Russell Crowe character from "Gladiator." Indy would also be toast. Maximus is a generally better fighter. Compare both of their swordsmanships in the movie Gladiator to Indy's swordsmanships when he got a sword in ToD. Maximus is way more skilled with the sword then Indy. Maximus is no clumsy, inept Thuggee or inept Nazi, Indy would meet his fate here. The only way Indy could win the fight is if he pulls a Cairo Swordsman on him since guns didn't exist in 180 A.D. Then Indy would win. Otherwise, he'd be gone.

Next is Neo, Morpheus, or Trinity. They are all characters from "The Matrix." Indy would probably be toast there also, since Indy doesn't know Kung-Fu or has the ability to break the "rules" in our world such as dodging bullets and bending time. Nothing like that. It would be as if 3 German mechanics came after Indy with advanced strength and there was no airplane propeller to stop them from defeating Indy.

And finally, there is the cowboys Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday. Now, I'm not too knowledgable about their power, but I do know they kinda fight cheap (shoot their opponents in the back at shootouts like the O.K. Corral) so Indy would die. If it was a fair fight, Indy would probably be able to defeat them but that's anybodies guess.

Sorry to subject you with my ranting here. But I felt that there had to be a response where the "fights" could be determined in a non-biased way.

---------------------------

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]