I couldn't have said it any better!(NM)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Short Round from AC86F0AB.ipt.aol.com on May 17, 2000 at 18:08:15:

In Reply to: Dude! I wasn't flaming you. posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert on May 17, 2000 at 17:57:24:

: : Okay what I said turned into a flame (well Iwas flamed). But first point Indy is NOT my favorite character... (oh jesus I can already see the flames) actually he's on the same level as Doc Savage, Alan Grant or any other adventuring kick@$$'er or that guy from "Deep Rising". But the only reason I posted to Shorty's topic (which I strongly regret now) was that I was merely posting my opinions.... yes I knew if the two "cowboy's" and for the smart mouth yes I do have a few history books thanks much. But instead of pitting our favorite do-gooders together (which is totally pointless) why not put other fictional baddies together like Shiwan Khan vs. Indiana Jones..... makes just a bit more sense than two good guys. Now I dont care but really I was going by more on a timeline not if we borrowed a "time machine" and flew back and forth grabbing characters to put in a fight (which none of them would fight each othercbecause they wouldnt have any reason) but we all know time travel is impossible. Time Travel to a multi-verse is possible in theory (please dont make me go into my long boring time travel probabilities imposibliteis speech).... and one last word I am making a FF for the forum to participate in which will deal with a multi-verse and other such things but getting the theories right will be trouble since the multi-verse theory wasnt introduced for about another 30-40 years. But hey these are my mere rambling's.......... I agree more with Justa-guys post....

: I think you read a little too much into my post and graml's post. Yeah, I was feeling a little bit irritated that day, but I wasn't intending to insult you. And neither was graml, he's just making a wisecrack. But one thing for this whole imagined fight. I am going to say once again, it doesn't matter what era they were in. This whole scenario is a fantasy. You don't need to pick up a time machine to round up all your favorite characters or necessarily need to imagine when and how they should interact and why they would be fighting. What matters is how they would do in a fight. What I think of these fight scenarios is, think of it like the Roman Empire and when they put Gladiators against each other. It doesn't matter whether they have a reason to fight, what matters is that they HAVE to fight or else... (if you don't know what I'm talking about, rent Spartacus and go see Gladiator in the theatre, both GREAT films BTW)

: It seems you are giving it too much thought with timelines and logic and motivation. For these scenarios, they have to be thrown away and you simply answer the question as to how they would fare weighing out both of the two opponents strengths and weaknesses. That's all.

: Have I made myself clear?

: ---------------

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: