Re: It's Miller Time! Please advise.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Old Fedora from ppp-68.col.cableone.net on May 17, 2000 at 22:33:12:

In Reply to: It's Miller Time! Please advise. posted by MK on May 17, 2000 at 20:47:09:

: I am going to order my Miller Indy fedora. What advice would you have for some who is ordering their first hat. Brim size, ect. Thanks! I llok forward to your posts.

The biggest problem in ordering from Miller is that they are notorious for sending the wrong sized brim. I orderd my last one online and then called them a couple of times to stress that I wanted the right size brim this time around. Do order the 2 3/4 inch brim,as this is the right size to start with. I will have to say that until you do the modifications, this hat won't look right. It is amazing how cutting down the brim and changing that awful ribbon really transforms this hat into something Indy would be proud to wear. Don't expect to fashion a Raiders fedora from this stock. The felt is too thick to get that sharp crease that is necessary for that Raiders look. The Raiders fedora was made from a lightweight felt, while the hats used in the other two films were made from a thicker felt. This Miller hat makes a great looking TOD fedora, especially the one he is wearing in the bridge scene. I am sure it would make an excellent TLC fedora as well, although I haven't tried this as of yet. Old Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]