Yeah; and when are the customs fees that others have mentioned applied? (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gregg from unknown-46-4.chiron.com on May 18, 2000 at 15:27:07:

In Reply to: Re: Food for thought... posted by Fall Guy on May 18, 2000 at 15:07:02:

: : : You gotta stay on those guys like stink on a monkey. They're very chummy and all but they don't seem to have any sense of urgency. Of course, we don't want the quality slipping for speed (which it already has to some degree), but accurate delivery times and order tracking would be helpful.

: : I know the frustration that goes with a Wested order - believe me, I KNOW.

: : BUT, remember this is something Peter really does for the fan. Yes, he reportedly sold around 600 if these last year, so you'd think he's making a tidy sum off of them. But remember, this is not his primary line of business. It is very expensive to handle one-off orders. VERY EXPENSIVE. And remember this, you’re buying a custom-made, HAND-MADE leather jacket for under $300. Cut the guy some slack for that, at least!

: : Keep the correspondences friendly. It's the best way to go. Peter is a man of his word if you pay for a jacket you will get it. Also remember that Peter will take a look out here on the forum occasionally. I consider the man as close to a friend as you can having never actually met face to face. While I understand the desire to have your jacket ASAP, it still upsets me to hear derogatory remarks about somebody who has gone to great lengths to give the fan something REALLY special.

: : I think it was Abner who once told me "just put it in the back of your mind. When it shows up (and it will) just be pleasantly surprised."

: : The jacket is worth the wait. Hope this helps.

: : Cheers!

: : Patterson

: I really do agree with you on all those points.

: Another thing comes to mind: How does Wested send the jackets? I was charged $35 shipping cost to the US. That seems a bit low for airmail. If the jackets are in deed shipped by sea/land, then I know from experience that the shipping alone takes anywhere from 3 to 8 weeks. In the case of airmail from Europe I have experienced delivery times from 5 days (shortest for a medium sized package) to just over 3 weeks (a small package). Also customs may hold freight for some time.We all need to be patient, but it IS hard. Fall Guy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]