Just reading the frustration between the lines – it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see it. This is an often-posted subject and can easily go that way. Patronizing? LOL! (NM)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from adsl-63-198-64-194.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on May 18, 2000 at 20:28:59:

In Reply to: Save your patronizing speeches posted by Gregg on May 18, 2000 at 14:37:24:

: Calm down and re-read the posts closer and you'll see that no one
: is making derogatory remarks.
: derogatory : detracting from the character or standing of something -- often used
: with to, of, or from
: Gregg

:
: : : You gotta stay on those guys like stink on a monkey. They're very chummy and all but they don't seem to have any sense of urgency. Of course, we don't want the quality slipping for speed (which it already has to some degree), but accurate delivery times and order tracking would be helpful.

: : I know the frustration that goes with a Wested order - believe me, I KNOW.

: : BUT, remember this is something Peter really does for the fan. Yes, he reportedly sold around 600 if these last year, so you'd think he's making a tidy sum off of them. But remember, this is not his primary line of business. It is very expensive to handle one-off orders. VERY EXPENSIVE. And remember this, you’re buying a custom-made, HAND-MADE leather jacket for under $300. Cut the guy some slack for that, at least!

: : Keep the correspondences friendly. It's the best way to go. Peter is a man of his word – if you pay for a jacket you will get it. Also remember that Peter will take a look out here on the forum occasionally. I consider the man as close to a friend as you can having never actually met face to face. While I understand the desire to have your jacket ASAP, it still upsets me to hear derogatory remarks about somebody who has gone to great lengths to give the fan something REALLY special.

: : I think it was Abner who once told me "just put it in the back of your mind. When it shows up (and it will) just be pleasantly surprised."

: : The jacket is worth the wait. Hope this helps.

: : Cheers!

: : Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: