Re: OH, MY GOD! It's the Church!!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Raphael from ppp-207-214-212-138.sntc01.pacbell.net on May 18, 2000 at 20:40:56:

In Reply to: OH, MY GOD! It's the Church!!!! posted by mlif on May 17, 2000 at 19:39:42:

: I have had the extreme pleasure of ACCIDENTALLY finding the Venice Church (Library) when in Venice in 1995.
: A word about Venice. It's a series of mazes connecting HUNDREDS Of Plazas, the apex of each plaza being a church.

No kidding. I've been there twice and got lost both times. But I did have fun doing it, though.

: It was very cool. They must have cleaned it for the film, cause it was the only nice, white church I saw. It did not appear to be open to the public. The plaza was the same, and the canal that Indy, Brody and Elsa cross to get there is right next to it. Hell, even the little fruit barg thing was still there. I've got pics of the canal, the little bridge and the Church that approimate my memory of the shots in the film (god, what a geek I am.), as well as me infront of it. I'll scan them and post them.

: I have the map I used somewhere. I will try to dig it up. When are you leaving exactly?

I'm leaving on the 29th of this month, swinging through my old stomping grounds in Florence before taking the train to Venice.

Thanks for the information Troy. I really appreciate it!

regards,
R.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: