Wow, feast or famine regarding answers! (grins) (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on May 18, 2000 at 22:27:46:

In Reply to: Re: Where are the fedora gurus? posted by Michaelson on May 18, 2000 at 22:00:28:

: : I posted asking for advice about ordering a fedora, and the response has been dismal. I am surprised. Help me out guys. Is the 2 3/4 inch brim the right one? How much should I cut off the sides? Is there a templet anywhere that I could get? Where do I get a petershim ribbon? Anything else I should know? Thanks.

: Good evening, MK. Speaking for myself, I've been on vacation this week, and so haven't been as active at the forum. I don't know about being a "guru", but the 2 3/4" front and back is correct, with the dimensional cut sides being 2 1/2". Steve and others give a good description of making a templet, but you should be able to find a good hat store in your area that could do this work for you for anywhere from $10 to Free. Personally, I like the "free" myself (grins). Patterson has an excellent description of the how's at Indygear, and Steve is another excellent connection that you could email directly, as he seems to be working on his collection all the time and would be an excellent contact for this work. Hopefully he'll spot your posting and chime in before you do him. If you need any further info, email me directly and I'll see what contacts I can dredge up for you. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]