Re: Finding humor in the seemingly non-humorous...revisited! (Part 2 of 3)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Freudenthal from ws126.critz.msstate.edu on May 19, 2000 at 03:08:45:

In Reply to: Finding humor in the seemingly non-humorous...revisited! (Part 2 of 3) posted by bud-arc on May 18, 2000 at 18:14:27:

That was quite a comprehensive list, bud-arc! But here's a couple more I'd like to add:

1. When Indy pushes the stone out of the little building to get out of the Well of Souls, the way he falls halfway out himself, covered in dust, always makes me laugh.

2. After crawling out of the same hole above, Indy looks around to make sure coast is clear before helping Marion out. Scene cuts to view from distance, and we see a sleeping worker laying against the wall about 2 feet to the left of where they are getting out.

3. I like your #98: The bureaucrats not wanting to tell much about the location of the Ark. "We've got top men working on it." "Who?" "Top...men." The funny thing is, who is the top man on the ark...Indy, of course!

4. Is it just me, or do a lot of the Cairo swordsmen already have gunshot/stabwounds before they actually get them (like Indy and the spiders during the Peru scene--you can see them on his back from one frontal shot, then when the scene cuts to a view from behind him, they are gone, then you get to the part where Sapito points them out, and they are there again...of course).

5. As a mechanical engineer, I always just roll my eyes when the flying wing's wingtip neatly "knocks off" a whole fuel cap structure on the fuel truck, with no denting or tearing of welds on the structure. And for fuel to be pouring out like that afterwards, it would half to be filled past the level of the fuel cap. Sorry, it's just the engineer in me.

6. Not really humorous, I guess, but I think Harrison Ford can express feeling pain very well. Prime example is when the Nazi guy punches him on the gunshot wound in his arm before throwing him out of the truck.

John Freudenthal

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]