Ummm.....I don't think so.....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jerico from 206.156.122.171 on July 18, 1998 at 02:54:23:

In Reply to: A Standard Requirement for Indy Fans? posted by Ultraman Tiga on July 17, 1998 at 05:10:34:

What does it take to be an Indyfan? I don't think it's the way people buy things related to Indy. I mean, I'm an A-grade Indy fan, but sadly, I don't have a fedora, or a leather jacket to prove it (Don't get me wrong. I would love to get them....in fact, it doesn't matter if the fedora's not a licensed one, just as long as it looks like the one Indy wore. My problem is that here in the Philippines, fedoras are rather hard to find. Add to that the fact that I'm just a student and so, money is a factor.) Although I have ALL the Indy books, I, unfortunately, don't have all three movies (Although, I'm aiming at getting them soon). So, does that make
me less of an Indyfan? I don't think so. If it did, it wouldn't be fair to some of us here in the Forum who doesn't have the resources to buy anything related to Indy, would it?
So what exactly does it take to be an Indyfan? I think if people love his movies, and look up to Indy as a role model, they would qualify to be an Indyfan. I have always been an Indiana Jones fan ever since I saw ROTLA at age 8 (I'm 19 now).....but it was when I've read all his books (Yes, even those my Martin Caidin) when I suddenly realized there is more to Indiana Jones than just the movies. We got to see how he came to be Indy...and we got to know his code and principles. And it was after reading these novels that I've tried to live my life in his code, not necessarily on what he wore (although I would, if given the chance.

---Indiana Jerico

By the way, does anybody know where Indy Anna is?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]