LC Webley

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on May 19, 2000 at 18:16:17:

In Reply to: Gun choices posted by mlif on May 19, 2000 at 15:33:47:

: I'd also like to add that the powers that be probably choose the handgun that they did because of the "Look" of it. If you've ever compared a 4" barrel to a longer or shorter on, they give off a decidedly different "style". And you have to admit, as far as just the way the weapon looks, it's a perfect match for the character.

: You have to remember, this is a movie. Everything that's in it is choosen to work toward creating an image and a style consistent the the film. Also, availability of props is another concern. Historic accuracy and consistency often times is the last thing they look at when making these sorts of decisions.

: One of the questions I've had is what was the thinking behind the change in weapon in LC? Was this a decided character decision, or another availability issue? Anyone know?

: P.S. I posted a link a few days ago for a guy who's selling a bunch of HE, 2nd Models. Here is is again:

I asked the author of the novelization, Rob McGreagor, this very question a while back, and he told me that it was just a revolver that he liked at the time, but really didn't know that much about firearms himself. To answer your question, it was just a quirk of the author at the time of writing. He did not check any prior Indy movies to see what had been used before. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]