Go out in the bush!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Don from cras18p80.navix.net on May 19, 2000 at 22:35:51:

In Reply to: I found a 420 million year old fossil yesterday posted by 3k$ on May 19, 2000 at 18:27:49:

If you think BUYING a fossil is exciting, try getting out in the field and finding your own. It is twice as exciting. On one trip I even crawled under a little water fall to get my sample. Quite Indy-esque I thought.

Cheers,

Don

: In the Discovery Channel store at the local mall and I aquired it. I am now an "obtainer of rare antiquities". I feel more Indy now and I would recomend you get one and carry it in your Westeds pocket or shoulder bag. It was only $10. It is a shiny black spear head shaped piece of rock like marble 3 1/2 x 1 inch, flat on one side,convex on the fossil side. It has been ground on a wheel to reveal the creatures exoskeleton which is white. The soft part of the creature has been mineralized with an even purer black looking "marble" It is a 420 million year old NAUTIALOID found in southern Morocco on the edge of the Sahara. This is Raiders country as far as I'm concerned,(north Africa) and the rock reminds me of those Egytian statues of black stone. Yes, an Indyfan needs a rare antiquity, but be cautious..this creature is described as a "ferocious carnivorus predator and could reach dimensions up to a meter or more".........

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]