An additional thought

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on May 20, 2000 at 21:57:07:

In Reply to: Wear it! posted by Michaelson on May 20, 2000 at 19:34:51:

: : It has been about four or five weeks since I've been on the forum; I've been moving. I am now just getting back on line and will check the forum to see what I've missed. I hope to return to the Indygear chatroom this Monday.

: : By the way, I've moved from Pennslyvania to Florida, so I am much closer to Indy headquarters (Disney MGM studios) than before :-). The only problem with moving to Florida is that down here I will only be able to wear my Wested for Eight weeks at the most during winter, and people here don't even wear cowboy hats, so the fedora will be displayed on my shelf until I get brave enough to look "strange" to others without caring about it.

: : Well, I must go for now.

: : Sincerely

: : S William

: I wore mine everyday I lived and worked in Tallahassee, 3 years to be exact, and traveled back and forth to Miami most of the year on video shoots. Considering the fact that some of the largest cattle ranches this side of the Mississippi are located in Florida, they'll probably mistake you for a cowboy anyhow doesn't hurt. They did me while I was there(grins). Just go ahead and wear your fedora. I even got some very nice comments regarding the fact that I made the effort to wear mine from some very nice strangers in many different areas of the state. I can not recall received one derogatory remark the entire time I lived there, just the "cowboy" confussion, and that didn't bother me one bit. Regards. Michaelson

Along the same lines of this posting was the one on a prior page (that I missed until today) regarding the wearing of the jacket AND the hat at the same time...I was wearing a leather jacket and fedora BEFORE Indy hit the silver screen. I do admit that my "style" now is more in the form of Indy, Wested jacket and my usual fedora, but considering that I turned 45 yesterday, I'm at that time of life where I'll wear whatever the heck I @#$% well want to(grins), to my wife's chagrin. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]