New Kenner Indiana Jones figures?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RikDuel from myeah0.connect.com.au on July 18, 1998 at 20:10:08:

In Reply to: Indy IV toys... posted by Sean on July 17, 1998 at 13:39:43:

The truth is that when Kenner closed the deal with Lucas for the rights to the action figures for the Star Wars prequels, they also obtained the right to first option on action figures for all future Lucas projects. If Indy counts, and I'm positive he does, then Indy IV would almost certainly mean new Indy figures (given the popularity of action figures generally these days). My fervent hope is that they take the opportunity to milk it as they have Star Wars and make figures on ALL Indy films, not just Indy IV. Anyone who hasn't looked at Kenner's new Star Wars figures out, should have a look. Some of those Cinema Scene 3-packs that Kenner is making, would be too cool in an Indy setting... but I won't get started. Any long-time forum readers knows how I start to drool when I think about this.

On the other hand, I believe the deal is only for Action figures, and Vehicles to that scale. Galoob has the rights to Micro-machines and Die-cast vehicles for the Star Wars prequels. If their deal is anything like the Kenner one, then they'd probably have similar rights to Indy.

RikDuel

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]