Re: TLC vol. 2 The Unreleased Music

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Major Paul from 204.208.30.165 on July 20, 1998 at 01:17:25:

In Reply to: TLC vol. 2 The Unreleased Music just arrived posted by BMan on July 17, 1998 at 09:30:45:

: I just got Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Vol. 2 The Ureleased Music in the mail from Footlight.

: I would echo Micah's comments from the front page. I'm curious as to the origins of the CD.

: It's a very simple package. No foldout with pictures, etc.

: I won't comment on the music- it's playing as I type, so I don't yet have a full impression, but I will make a few comments as to some interesting discrepancies I noticed.

: As Micah said, there is no copyright information. That ubiquitous TM doesn't appear after the words Indiana Jones, as it does on every other item I own.

: Also, the font for the subtitle Last Crusade is wrong. It's most noticeable on the R. Picky, I know, but it just doesn't look right.

: One of the pieces is entitled "Into the Catecombs." I thought the correct spelling was catacombs, but that may be a British vs. American English thing.

: Number 17 is the Main Theme from Amazing Story. I assume this refers to Amazing Stories, not Story.

: And like Micah said, they refer a couple of times to Papa Jones. That's a little bizarre.

: If you're an avid collector of Indy stuff, it may be a worthwile addition. I still haven't decided if it's worth the $40.

:
: BMan

: I just received this volume as well. There are some things, which have already been mentioned, which cause you to wonder about how all this music got on to the CD. Still there is no mistaking the movements from the film. Certain pieces brought images back to my mind's eye, especially the music during the sinking of the freighter, "Cross of Coronado". On the whole, it's a bit mysterious as to the source but unique. And to echo another comment made on this forum, if you can spend USD$300 for a hat or more for a whip, then this is an affordable collector's item. -MP

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]