I'm in the middle of the show now!!! And I'm taping it!! (NM)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jimmie from 199.183.223.10 on May 23, 2000 at 23:53:59:

In Reply to: Indy Sighting! posted by IndyCrusader on May 23, 2000 at 22:27:58:

: Tuesday night, Fox ran "Opening the Tombs of the Golden Mummies: Live!" One segment featured Samuel L. Jackson discussing Egypt-related flicks. Predictably, a long list of Mummy flicks (yes, starting with Brendan Fraser's entertaining Indy-wannabe "Mummy")tried to steal the spotlight from films like, "The Ten Commandments" and "Cleopatra." The grand finale of the segment was.... "RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK!!!" Whoo! As the Raiders March played over some original background music, Indy snatched a golden idol, outran a giant boulder, extricated the secrets from the Map Room, dug up the Well of Souls, discovered the Ark of the Covenant, and was spared by the wrath of God which blew the Nazis up real good. It was a much-needed Indy plug; for some reason, Lucas did not seize the opportunity to catch his target audience and declined to advertise the Complete Adventures of Indiana Jones on this Fox special. "The Mummy" was out in full force, with ads for the videos and DVDs, along with an interview with the dude who played the Mummy, from the set of "The Mummy 2." Yet another painful example of Lucas' obsession with his "vision." Oh, well. I can't blame him. I would be even more insistent, domineering, and narrow-minded if it was my concept. Anyway, I would just like to say that I sported my Disney fedora during the whole thing! I know it's not accurate, all you Indy-Gearers, but it's the spirit of adventure that counts!

: Fortune and Glory,
: --IndyCrusader

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: