My story...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from 216-119-34-239.o1.jps.net on May 24, 2000 at 10:17:25:

In Reply to: I'm in the middle of the show now!!! And I'm taping it!! (NM) posted by Indiana Jimmie on May 23, 2000 at 23:53:59:

Oh, I tell you, man. I had a hard time recording it last night. Everything seemed to go wrong. First of all, I completely forgot about it until they were showing the preview for it on Fox about half an hour before it aired. Then, I couldn't find a tape with enough space on it, until finally I did (well, it SEEMED like it had two hours worth of space), and then I put it in ready to press Record at any second now... Finally, the show starts. It starts talking about what the special will be about (the little prelude) and I press Record. Suddenly, the damn tape EJECTS out of my VCR. Dah! It seems I took off the little copy-protection thingee, so now I couldn't record on it. So, I desperately went everywhere trying to look for a piece of scotch tape or something to cover that little hole with...keep in mind that I was stressing out a lot here. I ran throughout the whole house searching for a damn roll of tape, until finally I find something. So I run to the VCR, and somehow, just somehow, the real show hadn't started yet. (God bless commercials!) So I put the tape on and press Record. Eject. Ahhh! The tape was too thin, and it sunk into that little box, rendering it useless! I ran again for the tape. At this time Hugh Downs was already announcing and explaining everything that would happen on the show. Sweat poured from my brow, my face flustered with exhaustion, annoyment, and sheer pissed-off-ness at my luck. Finally, I get the damn tape to record. Made it!
***30 minutes later***
La la la la. I'm watching the special happily, my adventurous spirit rising at all the adventurous exploits of the archaeologist dude explaining Egyptian mythology to Bill. Eject. What the hell happened here? It can't just stop in the middle for no reason! I took out the tape (luckily, there was a commercial just about now) and I checked what was wrong. The tape had ended. I now had approximately 2.5 minutes to get a new tape, and repeat the whole fiasco I had done before. Hum-ho. I can't find a stinkin' tape! No, this one is filled, this one has got some important stuff, not this one, nope, nope, nope, etc. Finally, I find the tape where I recorded the original Opening the Tombs Live! special on Fox last year and stick it in the VCR and record. I'm not sure what place that tape happened to be at, but I was desperate to record it. At exactly 10pm (when the show ended) the tape ejected! Whew! I just made it! Wasn't that easy?
Last, but not least, I fainted of exhaustion. Then I woke up this morning...uh-oh. I have my Geology final today! Ohhhhhh, nooooooooooooo.......!

TO BE CONTINUED

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]