Re: Your belt

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on July 20, 1998 at 10:51:45:

In Reply to: Re: Your belt posted by Major Paul on July 20, 1998 at 01:57:08:

: : i went to a military surplus store to find a belt. The only one I could find was 50 inches long and was a kahki olive mustard kinda color with a gold push through clip. Is this the right belt? Any info would be appreciated

: : Matt

: :Matt,
: Well, khaki (tan), olive (green), and mustard (burnt yellow) are actually three different colors but I'm assuming that the belt is probably khaki in color. The material should be made of cotton webbing. The buckle should be made of brass and solid, as opposed to an open-faced design. The belt tip is also brass. Don't worry about the length. Military belts, like the clothes, are designed to be one-size fits all affairs with you doing most of the work to get things to fit right. The belt buckle and tip are designed to come off. On the back side of the buckle you'll notice a tab with teeth. You can take the buckle off by pulling the belt away from the buckle to open the tab. This is the easiest way. Or you can take off the belt tip by prying it off with a knife. Either way, you'll need to trim the belt with a pair of scissors. Just remember that Indy left a good six inches of excess webbing dangling out of the buckle when he wore the belt. -MP

Another tip, after trimming, assuming your belt is canvas, dab a bit of material glue, sold in sewing shops, to keep the canvas from unraveling. It will save you from grief later as the belt gets regular wear and tear on it. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]