Humm

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on May 26, 2000 at 10:33:22:

In Reply to: Michaelson: Can you iron out the crease or is it "burned in"? posted by Dakota Ellison on May 25, 2000 at 13:29:19:

: : : : I just received a pair of pants and shirt from Cabelas and they are really close in color and style to Indy's outfit. The shirt doesn't have the pleats that really set it apart, but the color is really close. The color is listed as mushroom. The pants that comes with this set is listed as a dark khaki, but they are brownish in color. The pants have pleats and back button through flaps on the back pockets. These items are a blend of cotton and nylon and are called "travel wear". Just thought I'd pass this along. regards, Steve

: : : Thanks for the tip. I've been looking for a good pair of substitute pants. If you click on the link, you'll see a pair of pants from LLBean. The "Year-Round Wool Dress Trousers" in Natural Fit. I was considering getting these in the color Taupe. Could you tell me what you think is the one to go for between these and the Cabelas?
: : : Thanks,
: : : Indy V

: : I own a pair of the LL Bean trousers that you mention (I'm wearing them in my staff picture at IndyGear), and have since acquired a pair of the Noel Howard pants. I'll have to say that the color isn't that close to the originals, and the wool in the Howard pants are a twill instead of the straight wool blend, but I personally believe that the LL Bean pants are a very very good substitute, and comfortable to boot. Go for the unhemmed legs, so you can have them hemmed to a desired "bagged" look. Regards. Michaelson

You know, I've never paid it much attention, as after some wear it seems to not be as pronounced. I'll take another look at it when I go home tonight. Good question. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]