Re: Pecards

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on May 26, 2000 at 14:14:02:

In Reply to: Re: wested jacket treatment posted by Gregg on May 26, 2000 at 14:04:17:

: Hi,
: I spoke with Pecards people (since they put a lot of attention into conditioners for bullwhips, I trust their judgment re: common leather goods). This is what they told me, hope it helps.

: "For lambskin I would suggest using Pecards Leather Lotion. Lambskin is
: *very* soft and absorbent so you want to use a water-based conditioner. You
: will need to apply it more often than you would an oil-based product because
: of evaporation but the lambskin won't become over-saturated. "
: RE: application they said:
: "With Pecards Leather Lotion I recommend applying it in several thin coats rather
: than a heavy coat. Apply with a soft cloth and allow it to dry, then buff
: gently with a dry cloth."

: Gregg

: : I ask this periodically to see if there has been any definitive answer yet: what is the best way/product to treat and preserve the Wested lambskin jacket? Thanks.
: : belloq

I, too, have had long conversations with Pecards customer service, and completely agree that their lotion is a very good product. If you have access to their products, either through internet or direct mail, I also strongly endorse their lotion for lambskin treatment. If you're needing something immediately, you'll find Lexol leather conditioner lotion in any Walmart, auto parts store, or good shoe shop located anywhere in the US. In my experience, I have found that the Pecards lotion and Lexol conditioner are equal in coverage and length of duration between treatments, as well as quality of product and material usage. The Lexol is about the same in price as the Pecards, but that can vary from town to town. If I had to vote on which I feel strongest about, I'd have to vote for Pecards, as I absolutely swear by the leather dressing for ALL other leather than the lambskin. It's the only product I personally use for all my own gear. If I had to vote for which is equal, and readily available anywhere in the US, Lexol hands down. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]