I thought the MP3's were recently shut down?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from Port6.westworld.ca on May 26, 2000 at 15:28:14:

In Reply to: Are MP3's a good thing or a bad thing? posted by Cup Of Christ on May 26, 2000 at 13:28:32:

: after reading the little article on the main page, I felt kind of guilty of grabbing Indy MP3's from the internet. Is it wrong to get free music?

I read in the Edmonton Journal on Sunday that MP3.com was shut down or something?

But that doesn't mean that current MP3's won't be downloaded.

As for whether it's a good or bad thing. I say it's both. I'm not too crazy about the music download thing but my brother does have napster and just about any song or theme you want downloaded is at your fingertips. As for the wariness of downloading MP3's and not buying the CD or something. It could very well be seen as a vote for Indy. If Lucasfilm wanted to lock down on their copyrighted music score's (Star Wars, Indy, Willow, etc.) they could see all the Indy tracks getting downloaded and realise the Indy fan base. But of course, nothing pleases them more then when you buy one of their CD's. :)

---------

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]