Re: Moving

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kenal0 from d61.focal4.interaccess.com on May 27, 2000 at 15:54:23:

In Reply to: Re: Moving posted by K. Allard on May 27, 2000 at 15:19:40:

: Okay but how about for pictures and word documents. Also how do I get them on a zip file then after the zip thing can I put it on a floppy then get my new computer and put my floppy in there and have all my files pop up easily. Also I downloaded a program and paid for it, now what do I do do I have to download it again or can I put it on the zip then place it on floppy and get it easily.

Go to winzip.com and download their free version. Install program and open it. Take any files you want and drag and drop them in the open winzip window. Rename them anything you want. They will now have a zip extention. You can save them right on a floppy. When you get the new computer download the winzip program again. You can then open the zipped files from the floppy and they will unzip into the original files which can be saved anywhere you like. As far as the downloaded program they either gave you a key number which would allow you to download again or you will have to email them and ask how to do this.
Usually they keep your email on file and will issue you another authorization number. Good luck.

: : Hi Kent!

: : If you mean with websites your favourties (Internet Explorer) or bookmarks (Netscape) you can save them so:

: : IE: save the directory favourites (should be in your windows directory)
: : Netscape: Save the file bookmark.htm in the following directory: C:\program files\netscape\users\ - here is your username -

: :
: : Hope this is helpful - if you have more question just ask.

: : Regards Henry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]