Err...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from 216-119-34-98.o1.jps.net on May 29, 2000 at 11:16:38:

In Reply to: Are you planning an early retirement? posted by Fall Guy on May 29, 2000 at 05:47:05:

: : I bought 6 of these because I found them on sale at Borders for$1.99 ea. Keeping two and selling the rest for $4.00 ea. ($9.95 cover price). They're about 4 inches by 4 by 1, 300 pages. Every right hand page is an illustration, every left hand page is 30 - 40 words. It follows the movie very accurately but a lot of dialouge is left out. The illustrations are black white and green and are like comic book art. There are some interesting items here- Forestal's legs, all those guys with rifles in the bar with Belloq get AK47's, Belloq is watching Marion undress in the mirror but she's wearing nothing below the waist, and more! E-mail me your address and I'll send you the book. You can send the $4.00 after you get it. ----Inside U.S. to familliar fans.

: Looks to me like you want to live like a lord! Why don't you bury those things somewhere? In a couple hundred years they could be worth a lot more! Right now I'm preparing for a raid on the local Borders stores... Fall Guy
: PS: I haven't found your buried treasure - yet. .

Hey, Fall Guy. Yeah, I"m sure they would be worth a couple of bucks in two hundred years, but who's gonna wait that long? :) Maybe if you cryogenically freeze yourself, or something (which would be a good stragetic technique if you don't want to wait all this time for an Indy 4) then you'd be able to make use of the loot, but why else would you want to do that? 3k$, my advice to you is that you sell these Indy books for a bigger profit (perhaps match the cover price) and exclaim how it includes Marion "half-naked" and watch the sales go! :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]