12 inch customized Indy info(this post is really long ) a cheap alternative for an indy figure.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Shorty from 196-28-48-101.prtc.net on May 31, 2000 at 00:54:06:

Ok for those of you who dont want to spend 300 on a Toys McCoy indy or 150-200 on a Kenner Indy heres what you need.

1.Han Solo head from the new POTF 12 inch line(or you can ask someone for a Toys McCoy mold)

2.You can either buy a 21st Century Toys figure and remove the head for the Indy head or use a Dragon Models body (the Dragon body is more articulated.)

3.A Repro indy hat from the original Kenner line or a repro customized Raiders Fedora(i forgot the address where you can find these.)

4.Leather...Lots of it!(i'll explain later.)

5.You will need to find the right color pants.

6.Hasbro just made a WWI doughboy which includes an Gas Mask bag similar to indy's(you need a leather strap go to www.elitebrigade.com and find one).

7.since no one makes the leather whip holster,revolver holster,leather belt and the webbing belt your best bet is to find some at www.elitebrigade.com.

8. www.elitebrigade.com has boots that look alot like indy's called the "Rubbery U.S. WW II Combat" you have to search for Item GIEU-99J.

9.The shirt you will have to customize yourself you can either buy the "U.S. Army Pacific" figure drom Hasbro and xustomize the shirt or you can buy a white shirt from www.elitebrigade.com and customize it yourself

10. unfortunately no one makes a repro of the S&W HE 2 or the rest of the handgun indy used throughout the trilogy but Kenner made a small revolver like handgun for the 12 inch indy and some people still make repro revolvers(you will have to find out who).

11.Hasbro makes a similar "leather-Like" jackets but they have different sleves(its a bomber jacket)but you can modify it to look like indy's wested.

15. You can buy a cool die cast colt 45. from www.cyberhobby.com it actually works(unfortunately they dont make bullets that size.) it costs 19.99

13. paint and sculping materials.

14. latex gloves goggles and an exacto knife

15. sandpaper(you may need a dremel tool too.)

Note: you can either braid the whip(thats why you need lots of leather.) or you can ask someone to do it for you.

Also if you want to create dioramas you can buy these:

1.Medicom Sean Connery as James Bond figure(i dont think its still available but you can try and find one.)you can cast a mold of the head and modify it so it looks like Henry Sr.(i will bring more info on how to create Henry Sr's clothing i need to find it first.)

2.21st Century Toys will come out with a german bike with a side car(i havent seen pics of it but i heard it looks alot like the one in LC) you can pre order it at www.koolcollectablesusa.com .

3. You can buy Nazi 12 inch figures from either 21st Century Toys,www.elitebrigade.com or Dragon Models(21st century toys and Dragon Models create good and CHEAP nazi soldiers*price ranges from 24.99-45.99*).

4. www.elitebrigade.com has diorama accesories you can use(you can also buy a black tie that looks alot like the tie Indy uses in LC)

5.Hasbro,Dragon Models and Elite brigade make several Vehicles used in the Indy Trilogy(most of Habro's vehicles come from the old original Gi Joe figure line,Dragon Models makes Model vehicles not 1:6th scale vehicles)

Just for to create the indy figure it will cost you less than 100(hell thats cheaper than both 12 inch indy's available now!) if you want everything in this list it will cost you less than 550.00(for the price of a Toys McCoy indy you can get a 12 inch customized indy a 12 inch customized Henry Sr a german motorcycle with sidecar several german soldiers and several vehicles...now what would you prefer? all of that or a Toys McCoy Indy?)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]