Michelle Yoeh...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mlif from 63.64.243.77 on May 31, 2000 at 22:06:07:

In Reply to: I blithely carry on... posted by Fall Guy on May 31, 2000 at 17:17:40:

Along with Maggie Cheung, Antia Mui, Jackie Chan, Jet Li and Chow Yung Fat (The true combination of Cary Grant and Harrison Ford, this guy rocks!!!) et. al. (oh, my god, I used Latin!!!), Michelle Yoeh is an internationally reknowned Actress/Martial Artist from Hong Kong.

She is also known as:

Michelle Khan, Ziqiong Yang, Chi-King Yeung.

She's currently starring with Chow Yung Fat in an Ang Lee film called: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon from Columbia.

for a list of her films See the link below:

She is quite a tribute to women in cinema. She is incredible an incredible martial artist, very skilled actress, very well spoken and intelligent and would probably make a great director, though I haven't heard that she was. She's also be great for an Indy story. Where did you hear this info?

Did I mention she was beautiful, too?

I would recommend renting:

Heroic Trio (three totally butt kicking female super-heros, but Van Dame and the likes to shame)
The Exicutioners (sequel to the above)
Wing Chun
Supercop (with Jackie Chan)

If you have never seen a recent HK film, your info a treat. They've come a ways from the Shaw Brothers Kung Fu films of the '70's (although those are cool in an MS3K sort of way). Warning though, they are different from US films, but give them a shoot.

OK, one last thing and that will be my soap box speech for the HK Cinema uninitiated. Highly recommend finding films directed by Tsi Hark, The HK Spielberg his Swordsman and Chinese Ghost Story series are really cool.

Ok, I'm done now. I promise.

Ok, I lied. If you haven't checked out www.imdb.com, I also highly recommend it.

Now, I'm done...really.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]