Oh, the problems of success...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from adsl-63-198-64-195.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on June 01, 2000 at 11:42:56:

In Reply to: A sympathetic Tyree retrospective posted by Gregg on May 31, 2000 at 19:46:54:

: Too long ago you wrote this message. Be sure to check out the original date. It's gonna sting.

: "Peter expressed his deepest regrets for the oversight and assured me that HE PERSONALLY would make my jacket had have it sent out within the next two
: weeks!!" -------quote taken from a once hopeful consumer/the message's entirety is found below.

: You're on week 12.5 or 13, right?

:
: Posted by Tyree from 068-dls804.dls.net on April 26, 2000 at 13:39:11:

: As it was my day off yesterday, I was sitting around the house pondering many things... one of which was WHERE IS MY
: WESTED???!! I ordered it at the end of February, and still haven't received it, so I thought I'd attempt to phone Wested. I
: finally figured out how to phone internationally, and got in contact with Wested. I spoke to a gentleman there, who
: informed me that he was unable to find record of my order (gasp!!) but would phone me back within half an hour.

: Lo and behold, my phone rings about 20 minutes later, and who is speaking to me but Mr. Botwright himself!! Peter
: informed me that due to a huge number of costumes he is making for a film, the enormous number of orders he has recently
: received for Indy jackets, and a low-quality shipment of lambskin he was sent (he refused to accept that shipment and had
: to wait for a new shipment to be sent), my jacket order was inadvertantly set aside. Peter expressed his deepest regrets for
: the oversight and assured me that HE PERSONALLY would make my jacket had have it sent out within the next two
: weeks!!

: Is that customer service or what? Just my personal testimony to the exceptional service of the folks at Wested!!

The grapevine has it that he is working on a WWII miniseries that Spielberg has a hand in. As I hear it, the folks at Wested are up to the ears in A2's.

Let me state the obvious. I'm afraid increased demand for their products and (from what I've heard anecdotally) a somewhat dated production process is going to mean increased wait times. If Peter chooses to deal with this by outsourcing (which I have a feeling he may already do) he'll be seeing more problems with quality control.

Oh, the problems with success...

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: