Re: Dogma Indy Reference

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Shorty from 196-28-48-101.prtc.net on June 01, 2000 at 21:35:49:

In Reply to: Dogma Indy Reference posted by Micah on June 01, 2000 at 17:00:24:

: After watching "Spielberg" show up on Clerks last night, I got to thinking about Dogma and the bit where Silent Bob throws the angels off the train. Some passengers look at him frightened, and the usually silent Bob, says "No ticket!." This is the exact same joke as in Last Crusade. Has anyone ever heard Kevin Smith say this as a reference? He makes a lot of movie references in general, but it just didn't have the FEEL of a reference. I don't know how to describe it... It just seemed like he stole the joke, or maybe he just forgot the source.

: Any thoughts?

: --Micah

I guess Micah saw the best part of the cartoon...right? the part where Randall accuses Lucas of majing TPM the worst movie in the SW series:

RANDALL: Do you think “Phantom Menace” was as good a movie as “Empire?”

LUCAS: Well, certainly. I, uh, think it’s the best movie I’ve made yet.

RANDALL: Permission to treat this witness as hostile! Mr. Lucas, how do you explain that in “Star Wars” Obi-Wan tells Luke that when he first met his father he was a great pilot but in “Menace” he’s just a little boy?

LUCAS: Well, uh, my kids thought…

RANDALL: And how come Obi-Wan tells Luke that Yoda is the Jedi who trained him, but in the movie, Liam Neeson trains Obi-Wan?

LUCAS: Uh, well, the power of myth…

RANDALL: Isn’t it true you knew this was a bad movie, that you wrote it over a weekend but kept telling people it was done for years?

OPPOSING COUNSEL: Objection your honor! The pod race was pretty cool!

Randall: May I remind the court that your honor has never been in a George Lucas movie, and you were age appropriate for the Liam Neeson role.

Judge: I'm going to allow it.

Randall: I want my eight bucks back.

[Lucas gives him his eight bucks back]

P.S.Kevin Smith has used some Indy references before but not as Silent Bob,cause Silent Bob is....well...he's SILENT!...he doesnt talk! that was his first line! his first words were "No Ticket!."(I'm a big Jay and Silent Bob fan.).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]